Dr. Saipriya Tewari
MBBS, MD, PDCC (Pain Management), Fellow of Interventional Pain Practice (FIPP) (WIP USA)
I am presently working as a Pain Consultant at Manipal Hospital, Dwarka, New Delhi.
I completed my training in Anesthesia, and then went on to pursue a fellowship in Pain Management (PDCC) from SGPGIMS, Lucknow. Following that, I went on to become Fellow of Interventional Pain Practice (FIPP) from World Institute of Pain, USA, joining the much coveted platform of highly qualified pain professionals working towards quality evidence based interventional pain care. I hold 5 years of experience in managing all kinds of chronic and cancer pains by using a multidisciplinary approach and by offering advanced non surgical minimally invasive procedures for pain relief.
|Fellow of Interventional Pain Practice (FIPP)
||World Institute of Pain (WIP), USA
|Post-Doctoral Certificate Course in Pain Management (PDCC)
||Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGIMS), Lucknow, India
|Medicinae Doctor (MD)- Anaesthesiology
||Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India
|Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
||Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India
- Certified “EPEC (Education in Palliative and End-of-life Care) Trainer”, by the Indian Association of Palliative Care in collaboration with Feinberg School of Medicine (USA)
- Certified “Certificate Course in Essentials of Palliative Care”, conducted by Indian Association of Palliative Care, Lucknow, India
- Fellowship on “Regional Anaesthesia and Pain Management (Aesculap Academy)” at Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore, India
- Basic and Advanced Life Support Skills (AHA accredited BLS and ACLS course) at Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi, India
- Fluoroscopy guided cadaver workshop for Interventional pain procedures at the 23rd Annual Gabor Racz Advanced Interventional Budapest Pain Conference and Workshop, Budapest, Hungary (2018)
- Hands on Cadaveric workshop (Fluoroscopy and USG) for Interventional pain procedures at the PACH 2018, Hyderabad, Telangana (2018)
- Fluoroscopy guided Interventional Pain Procedures (4th ICPM 2015)
- Ultrasound guided Nerve Blocks (3rd ICPM 2014)
Reviewer for Journals
- Journal of Anaesthesia and Advanced Research
- International Journal of Sports and Exercise Medicine
Publications in indexed (PUBMED-indexed) journals:
- Tewari S, Bhadoria P, Wadhawan S, Prasad S, Kohli A. Entropy vs standard clinical monitoring using total intravenous anesthesia during transvaginal oocyte retrieval in patients for in vitro fertilization. J Clin Anesth. 2016 Nov; 34:105 12.doi:10.1016/j.jclinane.2016.02.029. Epub 2016 May 3.
- Tewari S, Agarwal A, Dhiraaj S, Gautam SK, Khuba S, Madabushi R, Shamshery S, Kumar S. Comparative evaluation of retrocrural versus transaortic neurolytic celiac plexus block for pain relief in patients with upper abdominal malignancy: A retrospective observational study. Indian J Palliat Care. 2016 doi: 10.4103/0973-1075.185041
- Tewari S, Madabushi R, Agarwal A, Gautam SK, Khuba S. Chronic Pain in a patient with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (hypermobility type): The role of Myofascial Trigger Point injections. J Bodyw Mov Ther. 2016. doi: 10.1016/j.jbmt.2016.06.017
- Agarwal A, Madabushi R, Tewari S, Gautam SK. Fluoroscopy-Guided Iliopsoas Injection: A Modified Approach. Pain Pract. 2016 Feb;16(2):E46-7. doi: 10.1111/papr.12414.
- Madabushi R, Tewari S, Gautam SK, Agarwal A, Agarwal A. Serratus anterior plane block: a new analgesic technique for post-thoracotomy pain. Pain Physician. 2015 May-Jun;18 (3):E421-4.
- Madabushi R, Tewari S, Agarwal A, Agarwal A, Gautam SK. In Response to Font et al. Pain Physician. 2016 May;19 (4):E684-6.
- Madabushi R, Agarwal A, Tewari S, Gautam SK, Khuba S. Depression masquerading as chest pain in a patient with Wolff Parkinson White syndrome. Korean J Pain. 2016 Oct;29 (4):262-265. Epub 2016 Sep 29
- Kerai S, Saith V, Kumar R, Tewari S. Airway management in Hurler's syndrome: A persistent challenge for anaesthesiologists. Indian J Anaesth. 2016 Aug; 60(8): 599-601. doi: 10.4103/0019-5049.187811.
- Tewari S, Goyal P, Rastogi A, Agarwal A, Singh PK. Anesthetic challenges of extrinsic trachea-bronchial compression due to posterior mediastinal mass: Our experience with a large esophageal mucocele. Ann Card Anaesth 2017 Jul-Sep; 20(3):359-361. doi: 10.4103/aca.
- Kannaujia A, Tewari S, Verma A. A simple novel technique to make any supraglottic airway device magnetic resonance imaging compatible: A fusion of the past with the present. Anesth Essays Res 2017 Apr-Jun;11(2):535-536. doi: 10.4103
- Verma A, Tewari S, Kannaujia A. Perioperative management of patients with severe hypophosphataemia secondary to oncogenic osteomalacia: Our experience and review of literature. Indian J Anaesth 2017 Jul;61(7):590-593. doi: 10.4103
- Tewari S, Agarwal A, Gautam SK, Madabushi R. Intercostal Neuralgia occurring as a complication of Splanchnic nerve Radiofrequency Ablation in a patient with chronic pancreatitis. Pain Physician 2017 Jul;20(5):E747-E750.
- Tewari S, Dhiraaj S, Sachan V, Bhargava T, Verma A. Ultrasound as a point-of-care tool for early detection of potential complications like pneumothorax associated with the pectoralis block. Indian J Anaesth 2017;61:852-3.
Publications in non-indexed journals:
- Kerai S, Bhalotra AR, Tewari S, Misra A. Near total airway obstruction due to tracheal granulations: an anesthesiologist’s nightmare. Anaesth Pain & Intensive Care 2016; 20(4):480-483
- L. Gupta, S. Kr. Nihalani, S. Tewari, P. Bhadoria and S. Wadhawan, "Undiagnosed Abdominal Paraganglioma: An Anaesthetic Challenge," Open Journal of Anesthesiology, Vol. 3 No. 10, 2013, pp. 438-440. doi: 10.4236/ojanes.2013.310091.
Education and teaching:
- Invited Faculty at the prestigious Intervention Pain Management Fellowship (Basic to Advanced Course) conducted by the Interventional Pain and Spine Centre (IPSC), Dwarka, New Delhi
- Guest lecture: ‘Symptom Management in Palliative Care’ at the 1st Pain and Palliative Care Course’ at Fortis Hospital, Noida, January 23, 2019
- Guest lecture:’ Evidence based management of neuropathic pain’ at the 4th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Pain Clinicians, Lucknow, India, November 16-18, 2018
- Guest lecture: ‘Genicular nerve RF is better than PRP for moderate to severe Osteoarthritic Knee Pain (Pro-Con Session)’ at the 7th Annual Conference of the Society for Ultrasound in Anaesthesia, Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India, October 27-31, 2018
- Guest lecture: ‘Orofacial Pain’ at the International Conference on Recent Advances in Pain ICRA-PAIN, Jammu, September 28-30, 2018
- Guest lecture: ‘Intensive and Palliative Care joining hands’ at the CME cum Workshop on Pain and Palliative Care, Haldwani, Uttarakhand, India, April 29, 2018.
- Guest lecture: ‘Role of interventions in lumbar canal stenosis’ at the 6th International Conference on Pain Management, Goa, India, September 6-10, 2017
- Guest lecture: ‘Prescribing a Fentanyl Patch’ at the 4th International Conference on Pain Management, Lucknow, India, November 7-9, 2015
- Video presentation: ‘Radiofrequency Ablation of Genicular Nerves’ at the 4th International Conference on Pain Management, Lucknow, India, November 7-9, 2015
Awards and Grants:
- TN Jha Memorial Award for best PG thesis: ISADAC 2013
- 1st Prize E-poster : UKISACON 2013
- International Association for the study of Pain (IASP)
- World Institute of Pain (WIP)
- Indian Society for the Study of Pain (ISSP)
- Indian Society of Pain Clinicians (ISPC)
- Academy Of Regional Anaesthesia of India (AORA)
- Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists (ISA)